The Uncharted 4: A Thief's End multiplayer beta was a limited-time event which provided owners of digital or physical copies of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection an early version of the Uncharted 4: A Thief's End multiplayer. The beta was originally anounced to be available from December 4th, 2015 to December 13th, 2015.
The beta launched in Europe a day early, December 3rd, with all other territories receiving it the next day as originally announced. Upon launch, there were issues preventing players from connecting or beginning matches; although said issues were fixed, players who were initially unable to connect to the servers faced long matchmaking times.
Throughout the month of December 2015, Naughty Dog released several patches for the beta.
On December 7th, Patch 1.05.011 was released. It addressed the chronic "white-plug" disconnection issue which also permiated in the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception multiplayer, increasing the threshold.
Previous to Patch 1.08.015, Daily Challenges only appeared once daily instead of all three challenges refreshing; furthermore, if one challenge was already active, no others would be presented to the player. Relics also rarely spawned. There was also a bug in which players with The Spirit of the Djinn would take no explosive damage. All of these were rectified.
The final patch, released on December 14th, prevented anyone from connecting to the beta.
- Team Deathmatch: The only game mode that was available in the beta. Teams of five play to win by gaining the most kills. Match is won by either reaching 35 kills or letting the 12 minute timer run out.
MapsEditThree maps were available in the beta:
Beta PointsEditUncharted 2 multiplayer modes. When players reached a particular Beta point, the maximum of which is 8, they unlocked different weapons, purchasables, and boosters to customize their Loadouts.
|Gear||Effect||Upgrade cash cost||Loadout points||Required rank|
|Grenade||Frag grenade that detonates shortly after impact.|
1: 15% Faster resupply.
2: Carry additional grenade.
3:30% Faster resupply, 15% faster detonation.
|RevivePak||Throw at a downed ally to revive them.|
1: 15% Faster resupply, carry additional RevivePak.
2: 50% faster throw speed, larger revive range.
3: Faster revive time, revive allies to full health, 30% faster resupply.
|Mine||Proximity mine that detonates when an enemy passes by. Has a short throw distance. Can be recovered with .|
1: 20% Faster resupply, can't be marked by Saviors.
2: 30% faster fuse time.
3: Mid-air explosion on detonate, no beeping, carry additional mine.
|C4||Sticks to any surface where it lands and can be detonated with |
1: 10% Faster resupply, can detonate while downed.
2: 25% Faster resupply, detonation delay reduced by 50%.
3: Stun on explosion, 40% faster resupply.
|Smokebomb||Creates a dense smoke field after detonating.|
1: Duration of smoke increased by 50%. 15% faster resupply.
2: 30% faster resupply, carry additional smokebomb.
BoostersEditAs with Among Thieves and Drake's Deception, boosters are present in Uncharted 4. The effect of the booster changes based on the level of the booster used. When leveling, new levels of the boosters become available costing different amounts of loadout points. The higher the level of the booster the more effective the booster becomes.
- ↑ http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Uncharted-4-Beta-Launch-December-Here-How-Get-86247.html
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/672056150322475008
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/672478124890689536
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/672539604164022274
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/672555881742012416
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/672622932770689024
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/672887699657723904
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/673007964895076353
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/673326973892956160
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/674000109240107008
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/674758972138643457
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/675061021464264704
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/675149868277637120
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/675388525227954176
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/675485167608274944
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/675801146708070401
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/675834353633484800
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/676447872179548160