An Armored Enemy is an non-player controlled enemy frequently seen in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception singleplayer, Co-op Arena, Co-op Adventure, and Co-op Hunter Arena. Armored Enemies are some of the strongest enemies a player must defeat in Co-op modes.
- Armored Enemies carry a variety of different weapons. An Armored Enemy can be seen carrying a Sawed Off Shotgun, SAS-12, M9, Dragon Sniper or M32-Hammer.
- Armored Enemies can not be attacked with melee if their helmet is still intact. Otherwise, if their helmet is destroyed, a player can melee attack the Armored Enemy 2 times to kill.
- Armored Enemies can be pulled down, even if their helmet is still intact.
- It takes 3 grenades to kill an Armored Enemy if their helmet is on, 2 if their helmet is destroyed.
- It takes 5 Dragon Sniper bullets to the body to kill an Armored Enemy, 2 to the head.
- It takes about one entire clip of M9 or AK-47 bullets to the body to kill an Armored Enemy.
- It takes 2 G-MAL bursts to remove an Armored Enemy's helmet, and it takes 2 more bursts to the head to kill. Otherwise, it takes 2 full clips to the body.
- It takes 3 clips of KAL-7 bullets to the body to kill an Armored Enemy.
- It takes 9 FAL-SS bullets to the head to kill an Armored Enemy. Otherwise, it takes 2 full clips to body.
- It takes 2 M32-Hammer grenades to remove an Armored Enemy's armor, and 1 more to kill.
- It takes 2 RPG-7 rockets to kill an Armored Enemy.
- It takes about 12 Sawed Off Shotgun shells to the body to kill an Armored Enemy.
- It takes about 5 SAS-12 shells to the body to kill an Armored Enemy.
- The Citadel
- The Middle Way
- As Above, So Below
- Rough Seas
- Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
- Sink or Swim
- One Shot at This
- The Settlement
- The Dreamers of the Day
- They can be confused with Zorskel or Dragan, both appear in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception respectively.
- Armored enemies will often attempt to flank players in Co-op Arena, typically during siege. It is highly advised to check behind you and also check around corners to see if one is approaching.
- The arm and leg armor of an armored enemy is much weaker compared to their chest and back armor. If you obtain a PAK-80, it only takes about 8 shots to the leg/arm to kill one, making it a highly effective strategy to eliminate them with little effort.
- In the Co-op Adventure London Underground, an armored enemy can be seen standing on a train car shooting a PAK-80 at approaching players. This is the only enemy, besides the Brute, to use the PAK-80 in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.