The crossbow is a weapon that appears in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. It is first found in Siege, and appears in nearly every other chapter afterwards. It comes in two versions, the standard medieval style, and the golden double style which is used by the Guardians of Shambhala.
The crossbow is a very effective weapon: it is a one-hit kill on human enemies (except for the heavy weapon soldiers), and it's the most effective weapon against the Guardians. The crossbow is silent; you can kill enemies without alerting others unless they are standing next to each other. While it is slow to reload, its power ensures you won't need a second shot to finish off an enemy.
Scoring 20 kills will unlock the medal "20 Kills: Crossbow", worth $10,000, in Among Thieves.
- The crossbow is a rare weapon, available only in the late chapters. It is one of the two only weapons in the game not to be available in the single player store. The other one being Lazarevic's Shotgun.
- The Guardians of Shambhala can fire the crossbow at a burst rate, using the inner crossbow of the golden version, which Nathan Drake cannot do.
- You can get this weapon easier by letting the villagers in Tibet get killed, allowing you to take their crossbows (although it will give you less support).
- The crossbow is one of the best weapons in the game; one well placed arrow will take out a Guardian, and two will end the life of a Heavy Weapons Troop.
- The Guardian's crossbow is not available in Explorer mode of the PS4 remaster of the game.