Heavy Soldiers, aka Heavy Weapons Troops, are part of Lazarevic's army. These soldiers are the biggest and most persistent enemy in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, due mainly to their heavy armour and powerful GAU-19 miniguns.
Heavy soldiers are the most powerful soldiers in Lazarevic's army. They are rarely seen compared to other enemies in Uncharted 2, but are present at the end of Chapter 12 and in Chapter 14, as well as a few other places in the game.
- The heavy soldiers at the end of Chapter 12 can be killed.
- In addition to their miniguns, Heavy Weapons Troops can throw grenades at players taking cover.
- It is best to aim for the head, as their entire body is heavily armor-plated.
- 4 rounds from the M32-Hammer, or 3 RPG-7 rounds, will kill one.
- They can be killed with one Desert - 5 shot to the head in the campaign.
- Shooting at the head with a standard weapon enough times will remove the helmet, leaving the head vulnerable.