A tight-quarters market surrounded by two sniper towers, It features hidden slides and rope swingsUncharted 4: Collector's Editon Guide official description
Madagascar City is a multiplayer map in Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. It is one of three maps previously available in the beta. It is based on the city King's Bay in Madagascar, where Nathan and Samuel Drake meet up with Sully whilst escaping the PMC Shoreline.
Madagascar City allows the players to take over the downtown area of King's Bay. The level has 3 distinct sections Street, Market, & Construction areas that allow the player to explore this colorful locale. The central market area has two perches on either end that give the player a view of the level, but leave them exposed and the kiosks in the market provide plenty of cover for heated close quarter firefights. The Street area is a long, open section that is perfect for sniping. Meanwhile the Construction area provides unique rope traversal from building to building for a quick advance along that side of the map.PlayStation's official description.
The map is laid out like a small city connected to decrepit slums. There is a small market place and statue at the center of the map which can be entered through a arch way leading from the slums or a small stall leading out onto a large road. There is also a plinth which can be climbed at the northern point of this market and both the slums and road connect to this market from the south where there is another plinth.
The road is very wide and open with a few spots of waist high cover and a building on the furthest end. There is also a small staircase and seating area at the southern and western ends of this road.
The slums are connected to the plinths on either end, both leading to the road and market simultaneously. The plinth leading to the northern end of the road has a small roof which can also be climbed.
- On both the northern and southern ends of the road.
- One team spawning next to a building at the northern end of the slums and in the southern end of the market.
- A treasure is found on the plinth at the northern end of the market.
- Inside a building next to the second stated spawn point in the slums.
- On the staircase on the western side of the road.
- Leaning against a wall under a slide-able roof from the southern plinth, in the southern end of the central market.
- One leading from the northern plinth to the central market.
- Leading from the southern plinth towards a building in the slums.
- One connecting from the previous building onto another building northwards.
- At the southern end of the road leading over the edge of the map.
- One which leads from the building on the northern end of the road towards the staircase.
- Over a chasm on the two ends (hidden) ends of the climbable wall.
- Rather than facing a team of enemies, head on in the Market and utilize the side entrances to flank the enemy via the Street and Construction areas.
- Use the rope swings in the Construction area to quickly traverse from one end of the map to another.
- The open area of the Streets is easier to advance if players have teammates help suppress the enemy, allowing time to move from cover to cover.