The Mag 5 is a powerful revolver with a large, thick barrel. The Mag 5 has seven rounds as well as exactly the same power and accuracy as the Desert-5. In terms of performance, the Mag 5 possesses long-range accuracy and high damage capability, making it useful when facing with a few enemies. The Mag 5 can kill un-armored enemies with one to two shots.
In single-player and Co-op, the Mag-5 is mostly used by snipers.
Multiplayer Locations Edit
- Chateau - Located on the second floor, inside the central room on top of the radiator.
- Yemen - Directly in the corner of the map on a wall that is connected to a building with a treasure chest inside.
- City of Brass - Located up on a ledge overlooking the central courtyards in one of the buildings.
- Molten Ruins - Inside the top of the tower connected to the main building and overlooking the courtyard.
- London Underground - On the middle ledge under the pole that the RPG is located. Also on a box in the middle of the map in the turrets range
- Museum - In the middle of the main building with treasure chest in back. (On the Pedestal)
|Trophy: 30 Kills: Mag 5|
|Kill 30 enemies with the Mag 5.|
- The Mag 5 is most likely based on the Dan Wesson Firearms PPC revolver, which actually holds 6 rounds, although in Uncharted 3 it has one extra (7).
- In the multiplayer beta, it shares its firing sound with the Desert-5 from Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.
- Oddly, the gun for the symbol of the Mag-5's trophy is a Para 9.
- The Mag 5 is on equal footing with the Desert-5, although this is unusual seeing as how the Desert-5 fires the .50 AE round, while the real life PPC fires the .357 Magnum round, which has only half the power and accuracy of the much larger .50 AE round.
- It is one of the three weapons to be specially found and used at Chapter 5, the others are the M9 and the Para 9 (Commonly found the skull enemies with the red eyes and laser sight, while the other weapons are found at the enemies without the sight.)