Patches must go through a quality assurance process with Sony, who publish the updates. Players are notified when an update is available for download when they launch the game from the XMB. The update will then be installed to the HDD. Updates are required to play muliplayer, but not single-player.
Released worldwide on November 7th 2011.
- Fixed an issue so that 3D works properly on all Sony SimulView 3D TVs.
- Matchmaking will now make more attempts at placing players in games with opponents of a similar level
- Killzone DLC added to game; Capture Trooper skin, Helghast helmet and ISA helmet
Released worldwide on November 27th 2011, the patch addressed several issues; notably the differences between aiming in Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3, an issue that was well noted by fans which lead to the inclusion of it in this update.
- Movie cutscene viewer added
- Added Motion Blur effects
- Alternate Aim Settings added to the Options menu under Camera options
- Settings bug fixed: all controls being set to flipped mode setting will no longer change all controls back to default
- Medal streaks won’t reset if the host migrates to another user
- Blindfire targeting adjusted so that opposing players past a certain vertical angle above and below won’t be hit.
- Allow grenade throw while scoped
- Tuned Pull Down range from 1.5 meters to 2.0 meters
- Lowered the player running speed when players run ‘n gun by approximately 15%
- Slightly increased the turn radius of run ‘n gun
- Slightly decreased the turning speed during Sprint
- Fixed an infrequent hunter spawning issue in Hunter Arena when the match round switches
- Fixed several cinema crashes
- Locked fast-forwarding on convoy sequence in Airstrip TDM and train sequence on London Underground TDM to 3x maximum in Cinema Mode
- Fixed certain cameras in Kick Offs and Pull Downs
- Fixed a late join skin bug with locked content
- Fixed a split-screen Buddy treasure pickup bug
- Fixed duplicate medal problem causing bad tabulation of a few medals to the player’s career stats
- Objective points now show up in the player’s Competitive statistics tab instead of the Cooperative statistics tab
- Added a Facebook Sign Out option
- Added the Add Friend functionality in the Facebook tab
- Fixed voice icon for mics not appearing in Matchmaking lobby
- Adding missing weapon stats tracking for certain weapons that were not being recorded to the player stats
- Fix for not displaying the entire Online ID within the “Players” column of any leaderboard
- Fix for a user having an online ID containing fifteen or more characters created in uppercase format and actively using a voice comm device.
- Matchmaking now waits for double the number of players in the biggest party in the room to be present before starting a game (to prevent parties from being split frequently)
- Players no longer able to join party that is already in Matchmaking.
- Reverted an accidental change to the strafe setting; value is now exactly what it was pre-1.02
Released worldwide on January 12th, 2012.
- Users in the largest party in a game room will no longer be designated as Villains a large majority of the time
- Cutscene viewer audio issues fixed (3D only)
- Creepy Crawler Kickback - now requires 15 medals to activate (previously 17 medals).
- Quick Boom Kickback - now requires 10 medals to activate (previously 7 medals) and a 5 second decrease has been applied to its duration (now 15 seconds, previously 20 seconds).
- The FAL-SS weapon power has been changed. It now takes five bullets to the body to kill an opponent. It previously took four bullets. It will still take three bullets to the head to take down an enemy using the FAL-SS.
- Death planes on certain maps have been changed so that map exploits are no longer functional. In other words, we’ve removed hidden tricks that were allowing players to hide and take out opponents without the possibility of return fire.
Released worldwide on February 6th, 2012.
- Fixes for Hard and Crushing Co-op Adventure Mode that address treasure sets that could not be completed.
- Adjusted medal costs on Quick Boom and Creepy Crawler kickbacks to correct value
- Adjusted Quick Boom kickback timer to correct value
Released worldwide on February 22nd, 2012.
- Integrated bandwidth testing for hosts, so only hosts with optimum connections will be permitted to become game hosts (will help improve gameplay experience for everyone)
- Fixed an issue in which, under some circumstances, some players of a party would be left in the lobby while others went into Matchmaking and played matches
- Medal fixes for Fort - Adventure Mode specific medals; all medal icons now show up appropriately and medals can be obtained in-game.
- Added a stack of cars to prevent players from accessing an alleyway in Plaza that will drop players out of the level geometry
- Added a death region to the affected area, which will instantly kill a player if they travel into it.
- Removed Plaza from the Hunter Matchmaking playlist
Released worldwide on February 29th, 2012.
- Players can now consistently earn the Return To Sender medal
- Players can now consistently earn the Hot Potato medal
- Players are now able to melee when automatically reloading a gun
- Players can no longer throw grenades while carrying an object
- Enemy AI now dies appropriately at the end of each Co-Op Arena round for players.
- Mute functionality has been improved; players should no longer be able to hear the other player on either side of the mute action
- Fixed an exploit with thrown objects being used to escape the level boundaries
- In Elimination in TDM, players will no longer initially spawn in the last location their buddy spawned
- Late-joiners to multiplayer games no longer have a new set of power weapons when entering a game
- Fixed a rare issue in which certain users were inappropriately kicked out of a non-DLC matchmaking game
Released worldwide on March 6th, 2012.
- Upon connecting to Multiplayer, the game checks for ‘old’ version of Flashback Map Pack 2 (EU users only) and displays a message asking the player to download the Map Pack from the PSN Store
- Prevents EU users from playing on Flashback Map Pack 2 maps, if they have not already downloaded the correct, new version
- Added code that allows Naughty Dog to make additional live updates to map content
- Changed Mega Bomb kickback from 14 medals to 10 to activate
- Fleet Foot speed levels adjusted
- Ping and Bargain now cost 100K. Untraceable now costs 35K. Explosive Expert now costs 25K.
- Changed Shotgun kickback cost increased by +2 medals
- Changed Creepy Crawler kickback cost lowered by -1 medal
- Fixed the drop of the Patterned Ring at the end of London Underground to work regularly
Patch 1.08 and Patch 1.09Edit
Both version 1.08 and version 1.09 were released worldwide on April 9th, 2012.
- Cloaked level 3 booster better masks the player’s sounds when equipped
- Increased default Tau Sniper ammo total to 18
- Fixed certain regions on Molten Ruins and Facility maps where a thrown Plunder or Treasure Hunter idol would not respawn
- Crushing difficulty on Plaza and Village for Co-Op Shade Survival is now locked until properly unlocked via gameplay
- Players can no longer infinitely hold a high-five pose to avoid being grabbed by a Choker in Co-Op modes
- Players are now able to vote on the difficulty of Co-Op matches no matter where they are on the menu when the voting period begins
- Players can no longer join the party of a player that is viewing a Cinema file
- DLC Toggle added to the Options menu
- G-MAL stopping power reduced by 50%
- Riot Shield’s health increased by 18%
- Auto aim while jumping reduced on double-barrel shotguns
- Bullet spread for AK-47 tightened by ~10%
- All cinema files captured pre patch 1.09 are no longer accessible
- Updated the server-side to allow for live updates to weapon functionality
Released worldwide on May 25th, 2012.
- The Lab returns.
- The Lab will contain treasure drops from whatever the base game type is (the T-bolt/Pistole map is considered Team Deathmatch)
- Elimination has been added.
- Elimination will contain treasure drops from Team Deathmatch
- Message of the Day returns – a daily message will pop up with news, tips, and other information
- The following custom game settings are now available via a menu in Custom Game mode called “Advanced Settings”
- If you leave a game, disconnect, or turn off your PS3 mid-game, it will be counted as a loss.
- Kill and deaths no longer count towards your career stats in Plunder and Team Objective modes
- The technical hooks to make the Game of the Year edition (EU) work properly with DLC were added
- The Long Ranger can now be earned by achieving 3 kills at 50 meters in a match instead of 3 kills at 70 meters.
- In Team Deathmatch mode the Airstrip and London Underground maps now are listed with “No Intro” variations. If these variations are selected you’ll start those maps with no convoy events.
Released in all regions except Japan on May 29th, 2012, and in Japan on June 4th, 2012.
- Patch 1.12 contains a technical fix that eliminates all cinema files recorded prior to patch 1.11. It will delete all local and online cinema files.
- The map rotation has been modified.
Released worldwide on August 7th, 2012, with all related DLC going live on August 14th, 2012.
- 137 brand new custom parts among all skins
- New Custom parts for every UNCHARTED character skin (75 total items)
- 2 brand new character skins (Spyder and Djinn skin)
- 25 new emblem parts
- 11 new taunts for purchase in the PS Store
- 25 new treasures sets, 50 new treasures to accompany the new head gear with stats (2 treasures per set per head gear)
- 27 Custom Hero/Villain head gear with stats
- New Cowboy items (2 full sets for Custom Heroes and 2 full sets for Custom Villains [torso, head, arms, legs and feet] for a total of 20 new parts)
- Jak Goggles for every character (available for purchase only)
- 10 trade show shirts for Custom Heroes/Villains (5 unique shirts for each) now available for purchase
- 4 trade show long guns and 4 trade show pistols now available for purchase
- The Last Of Us Shirts (Both FREE!, 1 for Custom Hero and 1 for Custom Villain, different color scheme for each)
- Make.Believe skin, parts & taunts (all of the Make.Believe content is FREE!)
- 1 Make.Believe Skin (Spyder), 6 New Taunts, Custom M9, 1 New Custom Torso Item, 1 New Custom Head Item, 1 New Custom Legs Item, 1 New Custom Feet Item
- All new Make.Believe character parts are also available for the Custom Hero & Villain
- The option to buy and use new or currently in-game items without having to reach the level requirement
- Experimental Block Mesh Lab Maps
- 50 New Trophies
- 10 per DLC pack (3 Silver, 7 bronze per pack)
- Must own the DLC pack to earn progression
- User does not earn trophies based on previous activities
- Tournament System
- New Ticketing system. User gets 10 free tickets at the start of each tournament
- New Tournament occurs on 1 week cycle
- Bronze tier earns Gold AK, Gold G-MAL, Gold M9 (prizes are unlocked for the entire duration of the next tournament cycle)
- Silver Tier unlocks Shade Jacket and Shade Armor (prizes are unlocked for the entire duration of the next tournament cycle)
- Gold Tier unlocks Shade Clown Mask, Shade Skull Mask, Shade Glasses (prizes are unlocked for the entire duration of the next tournament cycle)
- Leaderboard integration
- Special long Term Prize (Djinn Skin for getting 6 Gold Tiers is unlocked permanently)
- 2 New Legacy levels (Legacy 4 and Legacy 5) with an increased Cash requirement to complete
- New Legacy items to unlock
- Highwayman Mask unlocks at Legacy 4
- Lucha Mask unlocks at Legacy 5
- 5 Emblem Parts unlock at Legacy 5 (Two Skulls, Demon, Mad Scientist, Shade Skull, Super Skull)
- Legacy 5 Level 75 unlocks new versions of the 4 clown masks, now with stats
- New level badges
- Sniper-Pistole TDM gametype has been added to the Advanced Game Settings
- Increased recoil has been added to the G-MAL
- Deathmatch will now appear in round 5 instead of round 3 in Team Objective game modes
- Quitting out of Co-op will no longer count as a Competitive loss when signing-out/disconnecting
- Lab games no longer count towards the Leaderboard
- Death from Above medal now requires the player to be at least 2 meters off the ground
- Players can earn more than 1 “Here, Hold This Medal” in a match
- A collection of trophies have been added for each DLC pack available (50 total new trophies)
- The TAU Sniper Pistol has been tuned so the rate of fire is up 30% and you pick 6 instead of 3 bullets upon collecting new ammo now
- The M9 blindfire accuracy has been reduced by 10% efficiency
- Cloaked level 3 is now immune to the effects of Disruption (it wasn’t working properly so we fixed it)
- Marked Men now migrates properly to another player if the marked man drops form the game
- Gunfire is no longer silent when using the shield
- Teleporting with Smoke Bomb while holding the Idol is no longer possible
- An issue with the shield that allowed players to remotely control the turret has been fixed
- Fixed an issue with incorrect points calculation being awarded for winning a match while using a Tournament ticket
- Fixed an issue with the Spyder M9 having all mods unlocked (now set to Call Out and Max Ammo)
- Redshirt Drake again available for Subway Beta participants that had earned him previously
- Golden Abyss Drake and Guerro skins are available for free to all players
Released worldwide on August 15th, 2012.
- Previously purchased characters and emblems will be properly unlocked for Legacy players
- Djinn and Guerro voiceovers have been restored
- Wins/Losses obtained in the Lab playlist will not be counted on the Leaderboards or on a player’s personal stats card
- Rate of Fire mod for M9 has been tuned to be slightly lower than previous value
- Scoped Zoom mod fixed
- Lab updated with blockmesh Lab Map 1 and parties are allowed again
- Matchmaking map weights adjusted for DLC map owners (DLC maps tuned to have much higher priority, disc-based maps are lowest priority)
Released worldwide on October 23rd, 2012.
- Players will be appropriately matched according to Legacy level in matchmaking.
- Team balancing will now take into account players’ Legacy level.
- New gun skins for Tournament tier rewards will roll out over the next several months. The new guns skins this month are the Fireball M9, Dragon Sniper and FAL-SS.
- New Shade custom pieces for silver and bronze tier. The new pieces are the Shade Gas Mask, Shade Belling Mask, Shade Headphones, Shade Dark Vest and Shade Biker Jacket.
- Treasure drops can sometimes be tournament tickets
- Progress towards permanent tournament prizes now appears inside of tier screen menu
- There is a new leader board for single tournament scores
- Players can see all Players’ Tournament Tier in the scoreboard during a match. This will happen only if the player is ranked in the Tournament
- Spending a tournament ticket increases your treasure drop chances for that match. This also makes rare treasures more likely to drop.
- Players will now receive a small amount of points based on their kills and deaths for losing during a tournament game.
- Tournament formula change:
- Winning: Points = [1000 + (100*kills) + (25*assists) – (80*deaths)] * [1.2-(party size*0.2)]
- Minimum = 200, Max = 6000
- Losing: Points = Points = [100 + (10*kills) + (2.5*assists) – (8*deaths)] * [1.2-(party size*0.2)]
- Minimum = 100, Max = 500
- Classic Mode to replace Hardcore Mode
- Classic Mode details:
- Boosters on
- Kickbacks off
- Throwback grenades off
- Buddy spawning off
- No load out weapons so every player starts with an AK and Para 9 and lots of placed weapons on the map
- Treasure drops over time so after extended play you will be guaranteed a treasure drop on your next kill
- A treasure will appear in every drop and “Just Cash” is now “Plus Cash” and will never drop by itself anymore
- Revenge grenades will no longer kill teammates
- Toggle in the customization menu to turn on or off the bonuses on your head gear
- 11 new taunts for sale
- Extras section in the main menu for watching trailers and purchasing other UNCHARTED games
- Block mesh lab maps can now be viewed in Cinema
- Increased Elimination only treasure drop rate. The affected treasures sets are: Sage Deity, Affluent Relics, Deadly Ensemble.
Released on February 25th, 2013.
- Inactive players leaderboard reset
- Naughty Dog Paw icon will now appear near your rank icon.
- Lab maps can now be added to the custom game list by Naughty Dog.
- More than 1 map may appear on the Lab Playlist
- The following Medals have been removed from Team Objective and Plunder:
- Changes to existing Team Objective and Plunder medals:
Expansionist from 5 territories to 2 and $1,000 to $500
None Shall Pass from 5 kills to 2 and $1,000 to $500
Captured from $500 to $2,000
Protectorate from $250 to $1,000
No Cigar from $750 to $2,000
Executioner from $250 to $1,000
Guard Duty $350 to $1,500
- Additional colours added to every item and skin.
- New head items item for various characters - available later on
- New shirts for custom characters - available later on
- Platinum tournament tier - reached at 23,500 points
- 11 new items just for the Tournament rewards
- Starting immediate Platinum Tournament rewards are Drake Shade Raptor Mask and Talbot Shade Dive Helmet, these will be unlocked once you achieve Platinum for the first time.
- There are four new Platinum tier permanent unlocks for the Djinn Skin.
- You will earn the Djinn Stunner Shades after 2 Platinum tiers.
- You will earn the Djinn Head Wrap after 4 Platinum tiers.
- You will earn the Djinn Helmet after 6 Platinum tiers.
- You will earn the Djinn Horns after 8 Platinum tiers. The Djinn horns have a stat that no other item has: +Aimed Movement Speed!
- Addressed several recurrent bugs
Released on October 29th, 2013 as part of the game's two year anniversary.
- All DLC maps are now available to download for free! Go to the in-game store and download the Flashback Map Packs 1 & 2 and Drake's Deception Map Pack.
- Dry Docks makes its triumphant debut and is available in all competitive playlists and custom games!
- Old Quarter map has been added to Co-op Arena mode.
- Old Quarter map has been removed from the Hunter Arena playlist.
- The drop rate for all co-op treasures has been increased.
- Hipfire accuracy has been greatly reduced on all weapons along with the angle and distance at which the auto lock engages. But Blindfire from cover has not been changed
- Increased recoil on the M9
- Decreased recoil on FAL-SS
- Rate of Fire mod has been decreased on the M9, Arm Micro and KAL-7
- The recoil of the last round fired in a G-MAL burst has been significantly reduced
- The burst delay and recoil have been reduced on the Raffica
- The accuracy mod on the Raffica has been slightly improved
- The recoil has been reduced on the Tau Sniper and the weapon does not automatically scope
- The rate of fire mod has increased effectiveness for the Tau Sniper
- Sprint maneuverability moderately reduced
- Mega Bombs and Cluster Bombs can no longer be thrown back (competitive mode only)
- The Marked Man power play now occurs when a team is up 8 kills instead of 6
- The Exposed power play occurs when a team is up 10 kills instead of 8 and the range that player names appear has been reduced from 40 meters to 20
- The Double Damage power play now occurs when a team is up 15 kills instead of 10 and the damage the losing team does is only x1.5 instead of x2
- Deathmatch has been removed from Team Objective
- Increase score limit in three-team Deathmatch from 20 to 25
- Increase score limit of free-for-all from 15 to 20
- Multiple steps have been added during the matchmaking process to help find games with lower ping. Wait times to find matches during off peak hours may increase
- The Medal Kickback Creepy Crawler now costs 12 medals and lasts for 25 seconds
- Quick Boom now costs 12 medals and lasts for 12 seconds
- Explosives now costs 5 medals
- Slot 1 now has Kickback Endurance, Ammo Award, Bargain and Team Safe
- Slot 2 now has Beast Mode, Regeneration, Explosive Expert and Explosive Shell Expert
- Bargain paid booster cost increase from $100k to $250k
- Ping paid booster cost increase from $100k to $250k
New 3rd Buddy BoostersEdit
- Cutter – Cutter's KAL-7 – Jade Para 9 – Sugar Buddy
- Eddie – Eddie's AK-47 – Jade Para 9 – Booty Buddy
- Draza – Draza's Dragon – Jade Para 9 – Thanks Buddy
- Flynn – Flynn's G-MAL – Jade Para 9 – Explosive Buddy
- Lazarevic – Lazarevic's FAL-SS – Jade Para 9 – Stealth Buddy
- Gate added to London Underground tunnel to block off dead end.
- Plunder chests have been rebalanced on Syria and Museum.
Released on May 17th, 2014.
- Online leaderboard reset, "to give everyone a fresh start for Operation Supply Drop’s 8-Bit Salute event."
- Block Mesh maps in the custom game list under Team Deathmatch and in The Lab are changed.
- All Golden Guns now free and available to all players.
- ↑ http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_101_notes/
- ↑ http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4536479
- ↑ http://www.giantbomb.com/news/how-smart-uncharted-fans-changed-naughty-dogs-game/3816/
- ↑ http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_102_notes/
- ↑ http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_103_notes/
- ↑ http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/multiplayer_live_update_uncharted_3/
- ↑ http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_104_notes/
- ↑ http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_105_notes/
- ↑ http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_106_notes/
- ↑ http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_107_notes/
- ↑ http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_multiplayer_live_update/
- ↑ http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_109_notes/
- ↑ http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_111_notes_the_return_of_the_lab_elimination_mode_and_more/
- ↑ http://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/209689691346321409
- ↑ http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/patch_112_notes/
- ↑ <http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37773774#37773774
- ↑ http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Multiplayer-General/Patch-1-14-notes/td-p/37915873
- ↑ http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_115_notes/
- ↑ http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_two_year_anniversary/
- ↑ http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/05/16/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-gets-patch-1-19-leaderboard-reset/#LF4Z2F9HvXySVc5I.99