The beta launched on December 3 for European gamers instead of December 4 like original announced however all other territories received the beta on December 4.
Upon launch, Uncharted 4 was struck with immediate problems. Some players were unable to progress past the connecting screen whilst all players past the connecting screen were unable to begin matches. When this was fixed players were able to play however those who were initially unable to connect to the servers were now faced with long matchmaking times.
On December 3, 2015, Naught Dog released Patch 1.02.006 which fixed matchmaking issues and Patch 1.02.007 addressed these issues further.. Later Patch 1.03.008 was launched and consequently so was Patch 1.03.009 to further address matchmaking.
On December 7, another patch Patch 1.05.011 addressed the chronic "white-plug" disconnection issue which also permiated in the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception multiplayer. This patch increased the threshold.
Patch 1.06.013 address party splitting and further matchmaking issues. It also balanced the Brute to be less powerful. Patch 1.07.014, Patch 1.07.015 and Patch 1.07.017, released on December 10 and 11, readdressed matchmaking. 
Previous to Patch 1.08.015, Daily Challenges only appeared once daily instead of all three challenges refreshing and if one challenge was already active no more would be presented to the player. Relics also rarely spawned. There was also a problem with The Spirit of the Djinn in which a player with it active will take no explosive damage. All of these were rectified.
December 14 marked the final patch which prevented anyone from connecting to the beta.
In the Uncharted 4: A Thief's End beta. Only one game mode is available:
- Team Deathmatch: Teams of five play to win by gaining the most kills. Match is won by either reaching 35 kills or letting the 12 minute timer run out.
MapsIn the Uncharted 4: A Thief's End beta. Only three maps are available:
Beta PointsUncharted 3 and Uncharted 2. When you reach a particular Beta point, the maximum of which is 8, the player is able to use different customise their Loadout with different weapons, purchasables and boosters.
|Gear||Effect||Upgrade cash cost||Loadout points||Required rank|
|Grenade||Frag grenade that detonates shortly after impact.|
1: 15% Faster resupply.
2: Carry additional grenade.
3:30% Faster resupply, 15% faster detonation.
|RevivePak||Throw at a downed ally to revive them.|
1: 15% Faster resupply, carry additional RevivePak.
2: 50% faster throw speed, larger revive range.
3: Faster revive time, revive allies to full health, 30% faster resupply.
|Mine||Proximity mine that detonates when an enemy passes by. Has a short throw distance. Can be recovered with .|
1: 20% Faster resupply, can't be marked by Saviors.
2: 30% faster fuse time.
3: Mid-air explosion on detonate, no beeping, carry additional mine.
|C4||Sticks to any surface where it lands and can be detonated with |
1: 10% Faster resupply, can detonate while downed.
2: 25% Faster resupply, detonation delay reduced by 50%.
3: Stun on explosion, 40% faster resupply.
|Smokebomb||Creates a dense smoke field after detonating.|
1: Duration of smoke increased by 50%. 15% faster resupply.
2: 30% faster resupply, carry additional smokebomb.
As with Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3, boosters are present in Uncharted 4. The effect of the booster changes based on the level of the booster used. When leveling, new levels of the boosters become available costing different amounts of loadout points. The higher the level of the booster the more effective the booster becomes.
- ↑ http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Uncharted-4-Beta-Launch-December-Here-How-Get-86247.html
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/672056150322475008
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/672478124890689536
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/672539604164022274
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/672555881742012416
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/672622932770689024
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/672887699657723904
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/673007964895076353
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/673326973892956160
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/674000109240107008
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/674758972138643457
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/675061021464264704
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/675149868277637120
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/675388525227954176
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/675485167608274944
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/675801146708070401
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/675834353633484800
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/676447872179548160