The Wes-44 is the standard magnum pistol in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. It is the weapon of choice for Victor Sullivan and a very classic weapon, first introduced in 1955.
UseEditThe Wes-44 is a rare weapon to be found. It is available at the beginning of some checkpoints, usually well hidden. It does not carry much ammo and few enemies carry this weapon, however, it kills with a single shot, and the rate of fire is acceptable. If the player wishes to use this weapon, concentration is required, since missing is more of a waste than missing with the standard pistols. This handgun may be preferable at longer ranges, since one-hit kills with it are much easier than less powerful pistols, which require a headshot for a one-hit kill. It can be found more frequently if stealth takedowns are used.
Medals and trophiesEdit
|20 Kills: Wes-44|
|Kill 20 enemies with the Wes-44.|
|30 Kills: Wes-44|
|Kill 30 enemies with the Wes-44.||80px|
Scoring 20 kills with the Wes-44 will unlock the medal, worth 10 points, and bronze trophy 20 Kills: Wes-44 in Drake's Fortune. Scoring 30 kills with the Wes-44 will unlock the medal, worth $10,000, and bronze trophy 30 Kills: Wes-44 in Among Thieves.
It is awarded when the player kills 30 enemies with the Wes-44. It is worth $10,000 which can be spent in the single player store, and a bronze trophy.
- The firing sound entirely changes between Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.
- It is Sully's weapon of choice.
- It is based on the Smith & Wesson Model 629 Classic (8 3/8 inch barrel) .44 Magnum. This gun is best known as the signature weapon of Inspector "Dirty Harry" Callahan.
- In Uncharted: Golden Abyss, the rate of fire is a lot slower, even more so than the Desert-5.
- It appears more rarely in Drake's Deception's campaign than it ever did in Drake's Fortune or Among Thieves: there is one found in Chapter 6 and one found in Chapter 12 as a stealth-rewarded weapon (oddly enough, enemies favor elite magnum pistols like the Tau Sniper by this point). It is mostly found in co-op adventure missions.
- It cannot be used nor found in Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, and only appears in Sully's possession.